Sunday, December 24, 2006

Busy as a bee..


I've been running around and giving out orders to my hubby and even my two kids just like a general would before an important parade or activity. i started preparing for christmas about a week ago since i'm a self-confessed OC.. i want everything in order and just like clockwork it has to be done at the exact time i want to.. I have already made a gameplan on how i would go about everything from the 20th until today, the 24th. i did my shopping first and wrapped everything so i can take that off my back and go ahead with the meal preparation. to think am not really preparing too much because we'll be going to our family's reunion the following day so there's no need to be stocking up on too much food.. we'd even be bringing home tons of food from the reunion since we always bring more than enough so we can all have something as "balot" afterwards.. hahaha!!

me and hubby went to liana's near the market first to check the availability of the stuff that i would be needing but the grocery lacked some major ingridients so we decided we'd just go to crossings the following day for the lacking ingridients but it turned out the things i need are all out of stock already.. we then decided to go to sm hypermart near tiendesitas since we haven't really visited it yet. guess it's not really my luck coz i wasn't really impressed by the grocery. it lacked on a lot of things and there are just a few choices to choose from. i was so dismayed that i told my hubby i won't be doing my grocery there ever even if it's soo close to where we live. i still prefer to go to megamall for my bi-monthly grocery shopping since everything i need is there! i just realized that i've been walking around like a drill sergeant and cooking like a drone for the past several days! even my kids are complaining that am always cooking! hahaha!!

aside from the preparation am doing am still obliged to prepare our daily meals so that means am in the kitchen most of my waking hours. i started baking my gifts for my family and other relatives last december 21st.. december 22nd me and hubby went to sm hypermart for the stuff i'd be needing for our noche buena.. december 23rd we again went to the market for last minute shopping of things that i forgot to buy or wasn't available at the grocery. also bought some gold ribbons i would use to tie the banana cake i would give to my relatives. when i arrived home i prepared the chicken i would be roasting for our christmas dinner and then went on to prepare the macaroni salad.

i had fun preparing this since hubby and kids all helped out. my hubby did most of the dicing while i prepped the chicken. my eldest was looking after the macaroni boiling and my youngest was trying to do her stuff with the carrots my hubby was dicing.. hahaha!! i would post the procedure on my next blog. eversince i started preparing stuff since the 21st i've been slaving in the kitchen and me and my hubby are always off to bed after the sun has risen. our schedule is totally weird!! and there's new year still.. hope i can still manage to prepare another meal for media noche! happy holidays to everybody!!

No comments: